Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jen's Bridesmaid Dress: Part One

So, yes. Bridesmaid dresses. In brief, I'm not really a fan of what's out there. Pastels. Odd satin arrangements. Strange bows in strange places. No sleeves and necklines that are in serious need of straps to hold them above-bosom. The look of "hey, this is totally unwearable, but I'm wearing this frock to match the bride's color scheme."

Yeah. Not a fan. Fortunately, there are other options, my color scheme is browns and whites and ivories and greens and all things rustic, and my priority is to work with a color and style of dress that makes Jen feel pretty and comfortable.

The first dress we found--and that is currently on its way via air mail--is J. Crew's "Cecelia" gown in expresso. It's just lovely. Sleeved. Fitted. Flowing. Natural. If the dress looks as good in real life as it does online, I think we have a winner!

We'll keep you posted.

No comments: