Friday, September 12, 2008

The Dress

The wedding dress is a complex garment, emotionally speaking--it is the gown you wear when you cross over from singledom to marriedom; it must be intrinsic to your personality and style; and it is the one gown you will wear in life that will make the largest fashion statement. Ever. So how does a woman pick this gown? The pressure seems immense.

After scanning those high-gloss wedding magazines (thank you, Somer, you are a dear!), and looking at hundreds of wedding websites, I have learned a few things about gowns of this nature and what my eye seems to gravitate towards.
  • I am not a big, poofy dress kind of person.
  • I am not a skin baring all type of person.
  • I am not a modern person.
  • I like minimalism.
  • I adore gowns that have touches of vintage, a look from another time period, but strangely, not gowns from the time periods themselves.
  • I want to feel like a slight garden nymph with a historic backbone.
With this in mind, I have found three gowns or at least "looks" that I would feel so beautiful in. Of course, mind you, I haven't tried any of these on in reality, and as we learned through venue shopping, reality and vision have a way of dueling with one another. For now, though, my intention is to try these three gowns on, wherever they may be, and go from there:

Gown #1: The Marielle gown, by Augusta Jones
Gown #2: The Destiny gown, by Augusta Jones
Gown #3: The strapless, bolero gown, by Watters

2 comments:

royal said...

Awesome Post!
We transform ideas and information into innovation, action, flexible delivery and rapid deployment and provide all the features you need to create professional and high quality Ebay Clone Website through our Ebay Clone Software.

Thanks
Ebay Clone Script

royal said...

Awesome Sharing!
Soniksecurity offers you a wide selection of Vehicle and Home Security Products. We carry a wide variety of Security and Safety products like Vehicle Tracking System,GPS Navigation Devices,Vehicle Rear View Camera,Waterproof IP Camera,Wireless Ip Camera at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing information!
Waterproof IP Camera