Tuesday, July 14, 2009

PARASOLS Make Everything Better, Even Downpours

So, today I found the most AMAZING vintage parasol company in the whole world: Bella Umbrellas. They make me WANT rain at our wedding. Seriously. These beauties are the real thing, preserved from the 1920s, 30s, 40s, and 50s, and are for sale or available for renting, depending.

Today, I took the plunge and purchased four, and reserved seven for renting, with more to follow. The prices are very reasonable, and I even got a 35% discount for my patronage--and who WOULDN'T want to support a venue as awesome as this one.

I found loads of umbrellas in the pagoda, ruffled, solid, and classic designs, and all within the palette of our color schemes: from pale lilac to lavender to regal violet to brown and expresso. With eleven so far, I've got the wedding party covered (6), me and Chris (2), and my dad (1), with TWO left over. I also already own two parasols of my own, which brings us up to THIRTEEN. Check out some of these beauties below!

I'm currently in the market for wholesale parasols for guests, so we can provide anyone who FORGOT an umbrella, adequate coverage. This is mentioned on the website, but as we near the date, I'll be sending reminder e-mails. However, back-up parasols at the site are a good plan.

Should it NOT rain--which would be just lovely--these parasols will make AMAZING photos in clear, beautiful daylight. Can't you just picture it? A bouquet of beauty in all shapes and sizes and textures, each exuding the feel of yesteryear? love it. It seriously makes me giddy. I'm even willing to brace the rain.
















































































































No comments: