Monday, October 13, 2008

Through the Rabbit Hole: Gown Shopping in Virginia

Here is a list, at least a beginning one, of local boutiques in the DC metro area that have several of the gowns by designers (though not all) that I'm interested in. I'm not sure when I'll begin the descent into the rabbit hole that is wedding gown shopping, but this is a least a good start. Danielle, during her visit last week, took me to Sax at Tysons II, but sadly there seemed very little to choose from. Fortunately, though, there is a trunk show on October 24th, so hope to venture out to see that!

One thing I have been learning, though, is that purchasing a gown from a boutique requires foresight and good planning, with six months to order until arrival, and up to four months of customization and tailoring. On our time line, that would mean having a gown (should I buy it from a boutique) by December!

A starter list of boutiques in Northern Virginia, MD, and DC area, at least for the next few weeks. I'll be adding to this...!

Hannelore's, Alexandria, Virginia: La Fleur by Anne Barge gowns.
Jeanette's, Manassas, Virginia: Augusta Jones gowns.
Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection, Baltimore, Maryland: Amsale gowns.

No comments: