Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jeanette's Boutique: A Lovely Experience

On Saturday, mom and I went to Jeanette's Bridal Boutique in Manassas and had a wonderful time. Katrina was a delight to work with, helping me try on 12 different gowns, each time slipping them over my head and assuring me that it takes patience, this adventure of dress shopping.

We were there for several hours, in which time I discovered quite a bit about myself, including that I adore veils (they truly complete the gown), that August Jones empire waist style gowns are surprisingly plain and boring, that sleeveless and strapless gowns looked great (though I still think they are less lovely than ones with at least spaghetti straps), that I'm in love with vintage style cuts and draping, and that the mermaid style gown (fit and flare) was amazing on my frame.

Of the dozen or so I tried on, there were three I adored, though I'm still trying to find pictures of the exact gowns online. The first was Casablanca #1740; the second was Nuccia by Atelier Aimee; and the third was Lorella by the same designer.

Hoping to venture out to Hannelore's in Alexandria this weekend, to sample even more. The search continues!

No comments: