Part of the reason we're going to need a program is because we're having an Episcopal ceremony, which will entail the Lord's prayer and a marriage prayer, and since around 50% of our attendees are agnostic, Buddhist, atheist, or otherwise undeclared, having these prayers available in written form is a necessity--should attendees want to join in on the service.
Another reason for programs? Here are several:
- Thank yous to family & friends!
- Memoriam to those who've past, those we'd like to remember: Aunty Beck, Grandpa Armistead, Grandpa Brandt, Grandma Brandt, Grandma McClinch, Grandpa McClinch, Grandpa Rice, and Booman (we can't forget him).
- Listing the wedding party.
- Giving guests an overview the ceremony itself, what it will involve.
- Providing Bill a cue for when he needs to stand up and read to us.
What do you think? Send me suggestions!!!